Re: totem poles

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 15:56:07 PDT

A couple of years ago we made a giant totem in the jr. high. We got giant
cardboard rolls that were inside carpets I think--anyway, they were about
1/2" thick and a foot in diameter and we made it so that it was about 8
feet tall--we put a giant paper-mache cougar(our mascot) head on top and
then wired on and hot-glued on all kinds of things that represented our
kids and
their activities: bicycle tires, pop cans, books, binders, sports balls,
tennis rackets, skateboards, computer terminals (empty), etc. We painted
it blue and highlighted it with silver. It was pretty amazing--a great
hit for parent nite. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #