Re: Graphic Design Teachers- -HELP

---------

KSchiavo00_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 16:04:19 PDT

In a message dated 09/14/2002 3:52:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DCaldw9606@aol.com writes:

> Any project ideas using Photoshop and Illustrator? I have Ken Schwab's 3
> ideas, the CD cover, the magazine and the dollar bill. Great!!! I did a
> magazine cover last year and the kids loved it. ( I did not have Quark last
> year.)

In my advanced photo class- I had students design a "new" jacket (wrap) for a
contemporary board game box. They actually had to take the pictures, develop
them, scan them, modify, adjust and compose a new cover (top and 4 sides)
for a board game using Photoshop. Some of my students used the actual names
of games such as Chess and Checkers where others made up their own names for
the games using basic pieces such as cards. They had to analyze current game
packaging and develop their own design solution which had to include the same
type of information. The results were awesome, one student's project was
recognized by a portfolio committee and earned him recognition for a
scholarship.
         I think you could use just about any type of package for this
project- you just want to be sure it will be interesting yet fun for them -so
they are serious about their outcome. Good Luck!
Kathy in Kalamazoo

---