Re: sadness..........

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 12:50:02 PDT

A few years ago a first grader drowned under the ice in the lake next
to the school. In addition to the counseling the kids asked to make
dream catchers to help deal with the scary dreams. They said it
helped. Parents had to come in to help because I don't usually
attempt dream catchers with 1st graders in January.

I selected a drawing from his portfolio and the kids wrote a group
message which we had framed and hung in the library.

Those students left for college this fall so I asked the parents if
they would like to have the art work for home.

We are all thinking of you as you guide your students through this
difficult time.
Sharon ~ NJ

---