Re: KIDS AND SOAP!!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

---------

From: Aaron and Jennifer (THEGREEN99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 19:48:33 PDT

This reminds me of my naive nature last year.

I had this great idea for cleaning the desks. You see the janitors hadn't
cleaned them in months. Literally months. And they were yucky. So I decided
to make it a "creative" experience for my second graders.

I gave each student a can of shaving cream. Of course extra foamy. (And I
got a bargain of a deal, too - 33% free in a 16 oz can!) You see, I thought
the students could create 3D art with shaving cream on their desktops. I
thought, what a great experience to create white foamy sculptures AND clean
the desks at the same time.

To make a horrific story short, I had shaving cream EVERYWHERE. On the
walls, on my door (I don't know how it got there), all over the floor, all
over the students. Everywhere. One student looked she had rolled in a pile
of white snow. I do believe she was wearing black that day. When she left,
she was wearing white.

My desktops did get nice and clean. And it smelled nice in the room, too.
But, oh what a mess...

I'll never do that again...

Jennifer in Michigan

---