Teacher's guide for a sculpture?

---------

From: Pam Signorelli (psignore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 11:42:13 PDT

HelloArtsEdnetters,

We have been working on a sculpture for the front of our High School,
Thomas Jefferson, for a year now. (I never knew it would be so
complicated. The next step is to go to the City Planners for approval
before we can pour the concrete.)

It is a site that classes can go out and use. There will be a
balaster in a half circle made out of concrete that students can sit on
with quotes from Jefferson embedded in it. A bronze desk and chair of
Jeffferson design and an antique lamp post from his era.
I would like to publish a Teacher's guide, or curriculum ideas for the
teachers in the school to use with their classes. I am trying to think
of things they could do when they take their classes out side to this
site.

Do any of you know of something like this that is already in print? It
seems like there must be some ideas already written so I wouldn't have
to start from scratch. Or do you know of any web sites I can check that
have done something like this?
Thanks for any of your ideas.
Pam

Pamela Signorelli