Mounting Wire Sculptures

---------

From: Pam Signorelli (psignore_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 09:02:02 PDT

When I did these we poked little holes into heavy black construction
paper using a push pin. If you poke a hole on each side of where you
want to hold the figure, you can wrap a short piece of wire up, over and
down, then twist in the back.

You could hold at the waist, neck, leg, arm, any where you needed to.
They held very nicely for hanging and the black background really made
the colorful telephone wire stand out.

Pam Signorelli
Minnesota

*********Were they free forms first and then you put them on
the mat board? This sounds interesting, I did the
standing sculptures last year (Bunki Tootles!) and
they were a big success (Arp,Moore). How did you get
the wire & hose to stay on the mat board?

---