Re: KIDS AND SOAP!!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

---------

From: Angela Kimbler (amkimbler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 07:30:13 PDT

I had to laugh at your soap story; been there, done that.

We got a new art room 2 years ago with a 3 person (read that as 10 or 12 or
whoever can push the hardest when I'm not looking) sink. I had tried
everything to allow the students to use soap. Pass the bar around (what I got
was down the drain and all over the floor) put a drop on each hand (right, I
don't have 20 minutes to drip soap drops).

One day while meandering through my memories of my grandma, I remembered what
she did for her boys (6) at the hand pump well. She took the toe end (about
12 inches) and dropped the bar of soap in, then she tied it to the ring on the
pump.

So....I tried it with my kids and...gua la, it works, they can't get the soap
off the faucets, they can drop it on the floor or push it down the drain (or
someone else's shirt) The kids think it's cool. I had one student tell me his
mom tied their soap to the faucet at home after visiting the art room during
open house.

Now, if anyone know a good way to keep paint brushes out of the drain, I'd
like to know the secret.

Angie

---