Re: Photoshop assignments

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 07:22:58 PDT

In a message dated 9/13/02 6:15:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
TMBCRP01@westottawa.k12.mi.us writes:

> I thought this would be a great place to ask for your favorite lesson
> plans that include photoshop. I'd love to hear them....

When I taught Photoshop, I had them do the tutorials and then a couple of
quick projects to get them going. First they had to scan their self from a
photo and use filters and effects to change the appearance of the portrait.
They had to use at least 2 filters and when they turned them in they had to
list the filters and steps that it took to create them. Next they would scan
two pictures and one could be them. They had to cut out something from one
picture and insert it into the other and cover it up so that it was
believable. It was kind of surrealistic and in the same frame of mind as the
movie Forrest Gump.

When these were complete they had to:

1. Make a CD cover, back and inner notes, for a real band/new album.
2. Design an ad for a magazine using the elements of a real ad and then
redesigning it.
3. Redesign the Dollar bill with all the same things needed for real
currency.

These are just some of the things we did in my commercial art class.

Ken Schwab

---