Re: KIDS AND SOAP!!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

---------

From: linda (lindwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 05:00:07 PDT

Oh, Susan...you made me laugh, for sure. MURPHEY's LAW!!! I had a very
similar paint experience a few years back....a child was stirring a Full
jar of MAGENTA tempera....you know...the MOST staining color, right? She
was behind me. Someone bumped her, and she dropped the whole jar on the
floor. The paint splashed up into the air like a fountain, hit the
ceiling, stuff on my shelves, the wall, the kids' head, my head and ALL
OVER my brand new magenta Liz Claiborne sweater. I felt like I had been
slimed. All I could do was to tell the kids to try to find another
teacher, as I wiped it out of my eyes. Needless to say, art was suddenly
"over", as I went home to change and the janitor was thank goodness, this
time, somewhere to be found. My new magenta sweater? Just a prettier
shade of magenta from then on. ALl in a day's work. Other teachers just
don't get it, do they?

---