Re: chalk marbling....

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 04:49:07 PDT

The marbling is a great starting point with doing a surrealistic
drawing. I had my students do a line drawing of a surrealistic drawing.
 They first had to do about 3 sketches in their sketch books before
doing the final line drawing. Next, they would take a couple scrap
sheets of sulfite and practice the marbling effect. Next, they would
marblize their line drawings and let the paper dry fully. Last, the
students would spend about four to five days using prisma colors to
bring out the drawings. Regular color pencils work okay, yet to not
create the brilliance of the prisma color pencils. The students really
enjoyed this project! They found unique ways to make connectiions with
all the swirls of marbling to their drawings. I have some examples and
a lesson with an evaluation form I could send to anyone that would like
a copy.

You guys have helped me tremendously when I was frustrated with my first
year of intstruction. I use to think about quitting my job when I
worked between two schools, traveling everyday and not having a
conference period. AFter reading through the posts I would feel
encouraged to stick with and ride out the waves! Thanks to all of you
for sharing your experiences about teaching and never hesitating to help
your peers!

Thanks to those who gave me some superb ideas for fund-raising for my
art club!

Ricardo Ramirez

>>> Wizzlewolf@aol.com 09/13/02 05:52AM >>>
In a message dated 9/12/02 10:09:51 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
sbacon@ix.netcom.com writes:

> This can't be that simple,
> can it?
It can be this simple for the results you get. This method is great if
you
have no money and you have a lot of old chalk pieces. However, you don't

really get a great marbling effect. It is VERY subtle and doesn't have
the
"WOW" factor of other marbling methods. Take five minutes to try a quick

batch. You will see that it is an OK process, but the results are well,
kind
of mediocre.
wizzle

Sheree Rensel