Re: chalk marbling....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 22:42:43 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: Sandy <sbacon@ix.netcom.com>
> Janet & Bunki,
> Darn, I missed the post about this chalk marbling process. It sounds really
cool.
> Is there more to it besides just laying the paper into the chalk dust? Does
it
> just form its own swirly designs as it "gets stuck?" This can't be that
simple,
> can it? Thanks for the insight! > Sandy

Hi, Sandy. It's as simple as it sounds. Great for elementary. Scrap off
chalk shavings into water. Lay paper on carefully and pull up. The only
down-side to this lesson is that you can only get two/maybe three really
good prints before you have to re-do the shavings again. The first shavings
sink to the bottom of the water container so you're always having to
re-shave. Kids don't mind though. This way you can get lots of variation in
the color schemes. I usually get chalk dust from the finished product so I
spray them with my...guess what?! Toodles....Bunki

---