Re: KIDS AND SOAP!!!!! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 20:05:50 PDT

In a message dated 09/12/2002 10:37:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lindwood@webtv.net writes:

> What A DAY!!!!! We should write a
> collective book.

At least you had SOAP! Let you in on MY day...I set up my tables with an
array of tempera paints in plasic cups the middle of each table. I covered
the tables first with butcher paper. My second grade class came in and sat
down on the rug for our weekly discussion before they begin their artwork.
The rug is right next to the tables. I am standing beside the tables in
front of the rug. Suddenly a gust of wind blows from the open window through
the room, lifting the entire papers off the tables. The papers, along with
the paint, lands on top of the kids- paint and all- upside down- all over me
and 4 students, the rug- everywhere! We are all covered- and I mean the kids
are covered- in their hair, clothes, sneakers. I am "only" covered on one
side, my shoes also saturated with paint. So now, I'm at the sink washing
the paint-laden kids and one boy who was unaffected by this natural
catastrophe, is now rolling in the paint on the rug. So that was almost the
entire 40 min. class- should have taped down the paper.

As this was last period, I had a whole hour to go home, shower, change my
clothes and return for back-to-school night. In my next life, I'm coming
back as the librarian!
Susan on Long Island

---