Re: Sept 11 activitiy

---------

From: Suzette Milam (suzmilam_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 17:56:19 PDT

I shared the Betsy Ross 1-cut star lesson last year when we all wondered
what we could do after September 11. I decided then that it would become my
annual activity on September 11 for the remander of my teaching career. I
teach 9-11th grade. Everyone loved this activity. We made stars and
decorated them. Students put a wish, thank you or a comment on the back and
we sent them to the NYC firefighters last year and this year. Even students
that I had last year came in and asked, "Can we make a star this year too?"
Some students made several stars others just one. I think it was cathartic
for all of us, especially following the cerimony at lunch.

Suzette Milam
Porterville High School

---