Re: gifted arts elem. - direction

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 14:55:51 PDT

Hi Kelley,

   If I remember correctly, you live in the Columbus (OH) area? A person
you can contact in my former school district (Upper Arlington City Schools)
for info on a gifted program for the arts is the district teacher leader for
the arts, Dr. Jeanie Auseon ..... jauseon@uaschools.org
Before I retired, the district was starting a comprehensive evaluation
program for identifying gifted students in the arts. I am not sure when the
program will become a reality for the students. Sorry you are getting the
rug pulled out from under you. It is sad that this is an all too common
experience for teachers.

                               Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                               Art teacher, retired

Hello fellow art educaters,
For nearly 3 years I have sought direction from my district gifted
director(s) for the so called established gifted art program in my district
to no avail. Im so frustrated by blow offs and a now nearly extinct program
with no guidelines, money or enthusiasm by part of the administration. I can
not and will not let the elementary gifted students that I see weekly just
be overlooked due to the fact that each new director wants to "look into
programs out there" .
Ive decided to take it on myself, although Im sure this will be an uphill
battle. Looks like Ive discovered my thesis.
What established programs can I begin researching and comparing?
Where do I begin? Ive seen postings here and will visit the archive to seek
more information on my own. Anyone have a gifted art elementary program in
place that I can look into?

Thanks,
Kelley Solack ---

---