Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

chalk marbling....

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 19:45:43 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

> <PRE>I've done marbeling with first graders. Simply scrape colored chalk into
> shallow pan and lay the paper on top. Test you chalk first for it's ability
> to stay on the paper. You could alway laminate the paper or srpay it if it
> comes off. We used our papers to cut out fish for an underwater scene. Janet

I've done this but had trouble with the chalk flaking off the paper a bit. I
used my trusty clear matte spray paint (grin) and it did the trick. I really
need to design a can holster on a belt to carry around my friend the clear
spray paint, ha! SAXY Nagel...are you listening? Here's another whopper idea
to sell! Toodles....Bunki