Re: "Hasties" in Elementary

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 17:01:35 PDT

One of the things my art ed professor taught us is to ask the 'hasties'
thought provoking questions. Also going back to your evaluation for grading
the project helps.
For example, I am giving a very simple line project to my art appreciation
class in HS. This project can be done quickly. When it is, I ask questions
like, did you use all five types of line? Is it clean and neat? And so on.
Another thing I do, which has slowed all my art appreciation classes down is
to show examples of what an A looks like, and a B, and so on. This would
especially work on elementary, when asked the question, what kind of grade do
YOU think you will get on this? Encourage them to look around.
If that doesn't work, then have something ready to give them : )
Michele in NY

BibelotsOutpost@aol.com wrote:

> What kinds of strategies do you use for students who rush through
> their projects in elementary, particularly 2-5? There are a few in
> every class...

---