Marble or not to Marble

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 15:55:42 PDT

Michal,
    At the conference in Miami, one of the commercial tables they were
doing marbleize paper with shaving cream and liquid water color, you
know the kind that comes in jars not in tubs or dry. They sprayed out
the shaving cream on to a table surface, which you probably know is not
made with water but with alcohol and then put drops of the water color
in the shaving cream, when I experimented I used two colors, stir the
colors with a comb, press the paper into the mixture, pick up the paper
and scrap off the shaving cream mixture. It was a pretty good
marbleizing effect, it was dry too, because there was no water in the
mixture. Hope this makes sense.
Ellen

---