Re: Need cover ideas

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 15:17:23 PDT

Thanks to all who offered suggestions on my cover ideas. I stopped at our
local grocery store and stocked up on shaving cream, which worked rather
well. The nearest place to buy liquid starch is 15 miles away. When I got to
school I discovered my "Marblethix" in my top desk drawer (now WHO put it in
there???), so I had the students experiment with both methods. I didn't get
to see the pastel idea until I got home from school, but maybe I'll add that
technique to tomorrow's class. I am so impressed with how their books are
turning out. The students are so excited they are making them for all their
classes! I'll post pictures this weekend when they are completed. :-)
~Michal

---