Re: Painting on Glass

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 13:59:50 PDT

I've said this idea before, but I've never heard anyone on the list concur.
However, it works for me with minimum mess, and maximum longevity. I use
tempera paint cakes. We either draw directly on the windows with china
markers, or put a drawing (on paper) on the other side of the window to
follow. I squeeze a tiny bit of dish soap on the cakes, then we use them as
usual. The only downside is if students don't make the paint thick enough,
areas drip into the finished parts and they have to be redone. I solve this
by having them work from the top down. Another pitfall is that I don't like
the green in the Biggie Brilliants by Prang, so we just mix our greens.
When it is time to repaint, the custodians either wash it all off with soapy
water, or they scrape, sweep, then wash. They don't complain, so it must
not be too hard to get off of the windows.

Leah