Re: rainsticks for middle school art club

---------

From: Susan Beyette (beyette_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 10:07:58 PDT

The local fabric store usually has long cardboard tubes from inside bolts of
cloth which I cut into three or four pieces. I have had the best luck
having kids crumple up several pieces of wire and stuff them inside, but
this is expensive if you don't have a donor for the wire.

In place of the wire, my daughter's Girl Guide group crumpled tin-foil into
long sticks which they then coiled and placed into the tubes. It was much
faster and cheaper, but I didn't think the rainsticks sounded as good.

Susan in Ontario

---