RE: Need cover ideas

---------

From: Lindemann, Sarah (slindemann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 07:22:04 PDT

I've done some work with paste paper to make hand-made books. It's
basically Ross Art paste mixed with tempera paints and put in squeeze
bottles. I wet the paper (lightweight tag works the best) using sponge
brushes, then pour on one color at a time. I use the brush to spread
the paint around (they are not allowed to wash it out between mixing
colors) and add texture using paint scrapers, popsicle sticks, fingers
etc. You have to work fast as it does dry quickly, but the ross paste
helps to keep the paint moveable on the paper. They also need to be
carefully to not overwork the paper as fibers begin to come up. If you
have any other questions just let me know. The kids really enjoy this
process and it's a good lesson on color mixing too!

Sarah