Re: 2400 seconds (40 minutes)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 03:32:08 PDT

arteaser@yahoo.com wrote:

> Ok you have a class period with 2400 seconds with +/- 25 kids.

> * Aprox. how much 1-on-1 time/instruction would you say is available

Even in schools that have a block schedule the time is the same because
the longer classes meet every other day. Good, experienced teachers
just learn to manage their time well. Part of it is multi-tasking
(doing more than on thing at the same time). Another part is
prioritizing (just not doing the less important dumb stuff).
And if you observe these teachers they move about the room,
student to student, giving little bits of advice, encouragement,
praise in small doses. Students feel that they have had lots of quality
contact even if it came in small doses. Planning and organizing goes on
in our heads as we teach, drive, eat, sleep, etc. It's all part of our nature.
Then of course the teacher goes home completely wasted.
                        As I see it, Woody in KC

--
This one soars:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids: