RE: 2400 seconds (40 minutes)

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 17:28:41 PDT

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

> Ok you have a class period with 2400 seconds with +/- 25 kids.
>
> I'm wondering if, on average, any one of my kids gets about
> 38-40 minutes of pure undiluted 1-on-1 time from me a year or
> more or less.

So, approximately 100 seconds (1-1/2 minutes) per student per class.

Times 180 days/year IF you meet with them everyday = 18,000
seconds/student-year,
 or 300 minutes/student-year, or 5 hours/student-year.

Now you'll have to figure out how much of that is group and how much is
one-on-one; each student and class will be different.

---