Re: Elementary Art Grades (general rubric)

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 14:42:25 PDT

Hi Carolyn, and anyone else who is interested. Here is the general rubric I
have posted on my wall. Don't forget, I post a more specific rubric listing
criteria for each lesson.

To earn a plus:
    I produce high quality/creative work.
    I apply all skills, especially those stressed for the assignment.
    I participate in class and use time well.
    I solve problems and work independently
To earn a check plus:
    I produce quality work
    I make an effort to apply skills, especially those stressed for the
assignment.
    I participate in class and use time well.
    I try to solve problems and usually work independently.
To earn a check:
    I produce acceptable work
    I apply some of the skills that are expected for the assignment.
    I usually participate and use time well.
    I sometimes solve problems and work independently.
To earn a check minus:
    I produce work of inconsistent quality.
    I rarely apply the expected skills for the assignment.
    I sometimes participate and use time well.
    I rarely work independently or solve problems.
To earn a minus:
    I produce no work, or work that shows little effort.
    I do not apply expected skills.
    I do not participate or use time well.
    I do not solve problems or work independently.
We talk about what all this means, like quality, craftsmanship, effort,
trying to solve problems, etc.

Hope this helps,
Leah