Re: middle school perspective

---------

Wizzlewolf_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 13:41:27 PDT

In a message dated 9/10/02 3:30:47 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
tglass@hoover.k12.al.us writes:

> 1 a : the technique or process of drawing or painting to give the illusion
> of depth and distance.
>
> 2 a : POINT OF VIEW b : the capacity to view things in their true
relations
> or relative importance

This is just great. However, the bottom line is that kids love perspective if
you tell them that they can make things look "REAL". It may not be scholarly
or academic, but it is a way to make the kids want to learn it. (ESPECIALLY
AT THE 4-5th grade level when the "Don't look at my paper" syndrome appears.)
The explanations, definitions, and intellectual dialogue can come later and
that is OK and just fine.
wizzle

Sheree Rensel
BFA, MFA, NBCT