Re: middle school perspective

---------

From: tiffany glass (tglass_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 13:27:17 PDT

When I teach perspective in fourth grade I make the main theme that we are learning to look at something from different points of view, i.e. my "perspective" about an issue is different from yours, or "from my perspective this is not fun..." I give them the following definitions:

1 a : the technique or process of drawing or painting to give the illusion of depth and distance.

2 a : POINT OF VIEW b : the capacity to view things in their true relations or relative importance

Maybe it will help in middle school?

Tiffany Glass ( tglass@hoover.k12.al.us )
Greystone Elementary School
Hoover, Alabama
35242
205.439.3200

Visit us at www.hoover.k12.al.us/gses/index.html

>>> kshilson@unitelc.com 09/09/02 08:22PM >>>
My 7th grade students always ask why are we doing perspective.. I have yet, to come up with a good answer....
Wayne S