Blending values

---------

From: jpawlow2 (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 13:05:14 PDT

Jill,

I also do not like the students to learn to depend on tortillons or tissues
for blending. I want them to use the pencil. I have them draw several value
scales, usually 10 steps using several pencils, HB, 2B, 4B,6B to see that
different pencils give a different range of values. I also hav them practice
basic shapes showing one light source. We go onto still-life set-ups from
observation.

Jane

---