Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Multicultural resources - Islamic art

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 09:20:16 PDT

Here are some links I have for Islamic art --- these are about a year old.

Islam Empire of Faith - PBS

Islamic Art and Architecture

Metropolitan Museum of Art - Islamic Collection

Islamic Art - Los Angeles County Museum of Art

Islamic - Language and Arts links

Muslim world

Detroit Institute of Art

Islamic Art, Music, and Architecture Around the World (links page)

Islamic Art (Medieval)

Islamic City: Art, Culture and History links

Islamic Art History - Web links

Islamic Art - Brief summary of faith - art - mathematicians

Mosques from around the world

ArtLex- Islam-Islamic Art defined

Islamic art images (from a CD Rom) - no descriptions of images

Islamic Art - Hermitage Museum

Geometry of Islam