Re: middle school perspective

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 06:32:39 PDT

I have the same problem every year - until I threaten their grades. I tell them that if I allow 4 days to work on a project and they finish in one then their grade is automatically docked 25% a day. Some really don't see what needs to be done and so I give them suggestions. Others will happily accept their failing grade. :-(
~Michal

  Since this is my first year at HS level one problem that I am having is with the
  "young " freshmen who finish projects hastily in minutes while the rest of the students spend 3 to 5 days on the same projects.
  Any ideas to get these guys into quality work from within ? Tomorrow I'm going to give these freshmen cube designs to make and then draw from.

---