Re: Elementary Art Grades

---------

From: Holly Kingman (baaaramu_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 05:49:19 PDT

Would you share what you have posted in your room as your general rubric?
Thanks. Holly
 artappeal wrote:At my k-5 school, we grade students in 1-5 twice a year. We have plus,
check, and minus grades. I have a general rubric for all lessons which is
posted in the room, then I have a rubric with specific criteria that I post
on the board for each lesson. When I do grades, I assign the number 5 to
plus grades, the number 3 to check grades and the number 1 to minus grades
(if the assignment is still completed). In my grade book I sometimes use
check plusses (4 points) and check minuses (2 points) but I round up or down
for the report card grade, since I can only use plus, check, or minus on the
report card. I add all the numbers and divide by the number of grades to
arrive at the final grade.
If you would like to know what is on my general rubric, let me know.

Hope this helps,
Leah