Input please - legally blind student

---------

From: robin (robinmcp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 08:25:36 PDT

I have a new job this year, teaching in an elementary school, K-6. On top
of learning over 700 names and faces, I have a fifth grader who is legally
blind. She can see clearly about 1 inch from her left eye (she can read),
but has very little range, peripherally. In trying to have her meet the
curriculum, I am running into trouble with teaching values and gradation. I
am sure that other areas we will cover may be tough too. Can anyone suggest
activities and/or reading material that will help?
Thanks in advance!
Robin in PA

---