Teaching art to a legally blind student

---------

From: robin (robinmcp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 12:33:45 PDT

I have a student in 5th grade who is legally blind. She can see clearly
with her left eye if objects are about 1 inch away from her face. She has
very little peripheral vision, so she must move things across her face in
order to get a look at all of it. In trying to have her fulfill the
curriculum, I am having a hard time developing appropriate activities for
her. Fifth graders need to develop an understanding of value and gradation,
and 2 point perspective, for instance. Any hints, suggestions or
appropriate reference materials that anyone can recommend?
Thanks
Robin in PA

---