RE: Perspective drawing

---------

From: Melissa (meemo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 20:16:38 PDT

I would love a copy.
Melissa Chaney
Ray-pec High School
Raymore Peculiar Schools, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Vilenski [mailto:jvilensk@accn.org]
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 6:56 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Re: Perspective drawing

I would be glad to share my perspective plans with anyone interested. I
have already recieved a few requests. I can either attach the plan as a PDF
(best quality) or Jpg. Let me know what you prefer. By the way, this plan
works with 5th grade to high school, especially if your students have not
encountered perspective drawing in any substantial way in the past. Here is
another idea for secondary level, which I shared a couple years ago on this
list: Give each student a sheet of plexi glass and an erasabe or sharpie
marker. Let them loose in their environment (always risky!) and have them
draw what they see through the glass directly on the glass. They can erase
unsucessful attempts or transfer decent results to regular paper back at the
art room. It is like drawing from life with a different twist.
Jerry