RE: ***WHERE TO COLOR? Inside or Outside of the lines????***

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 16:56:34 PDT

I agree with you, but I would make sure of the activity while talking to
the teacher. One of our kinder teachers gives the children a piece of
paper with a large square on it, and tells them to draw a picture of
themselves inside the square. Then they cut out the picture on the
lines. It gives her a quick heads up assessment of their fine motor
skills, ability to follow directions, and basic vocabulary (square,
inside). Maybe your daughter's teacher was doing something similar.

Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert