Re: bobble heads

---------

From: Sid Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 12:40:09 PDT

Hi Salve, I'm going to do this assignment with my pottery kids, so I'll have
more info soon, but I just intend to buy 18 gauge wire, twist it around a 1/2"
core, bend up the top and bottom 1/2" and cement them into my little guy. The
gauge of the wire would depend on the size of the dude. I also am going to
give them the option of making a bobbing head thing where the head is
counterweighted inside the body and the thing is stuck with a nail in the neck
so it can bob. You really should have good spring steel for the bobble
guys--if you can find a spring factory or something you'd be set for life.
I'm going shopping in the dump later on today! Sid