bobbleheads

---------

From: Melissa (meemo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 19:34:28 PDT

My son has a bobble head of a Kansas City Royals player he got at a game
recently. It is made of that resin stuff. Looks like ceramic.. Feels like
ceramic but is not. It's body is pretty straight. Arms are flat to body;
not much sculpting here. Head is on a fat spring about 1/2 inch in
diameter.

Couldn't one make a body from a fat dowel? About 2" thick or more. Could
drill a hole in top and add the spring down the hole. Attach the spring
into a wooden cup form. I know I've seen these round ball things before at
craft stores. They are hollow like a tiny bowl. The trick is how to hide
and fasten the spring inside??? Then couldn't one paper mache to build up
hair, features, arms, belly.... (Guess the idea is that the spring doesn't
show).
Just a thought. Good Luck

Melissa Chaney
Ray-pec High School