Senior PORTFOLIO Ideas...

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 19:09:11 PDT

This is what I recieved back from an art school on a request for students
portfolios-
Thanks for your interest in Mcad. We require 12-20 pieces for the admissiosn
portfolio. 4 of these pieces are required to be observational drawings -
meaning drawings from life rather than from referencing a photograph or
picture from a magazine. We recommend doing one still life, one landscape,
one self-portrait and one interior (of a room or anything else creative).
The remaining 8-16 pieces can be of the students choosing - any media. We
suggest only including the best and most recent work. Preferably, we would
like to see original work in person. We conduct portfolio reviews, where we
meet with the student in person and look at their portfolio. If the work is
mailed to us, it can either be the original work or slides.

I hope this helps,

Wayne S