Suggestions for Money for a Kiln at a poor school

---------

From: Heidi Keshet (mataemo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 12:17:42 PDT

Hello fellow artsednet-ers,
I just took a position at a small Catholic school in Wisconsin after
working at a well funded school for several years. My new job is great,
but we don't have any facilities for firing clay. I know it takes alot as
ceramics was my emphasis in my BFA. Does anyone have any suggestions for
getting money for a kiln, et. al? We plan to print xmas cards for the kids
to sell and also sell candy and other stuff, but a grant would be the best
way (how many snickers can you eat?!?)
If anyone has any websites or other info, please please share with all.
Thanks,
Heidi in Wisconsin
mataemo@hotmail.com

---