Re: Art in School?!#*? plus art advocacy

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 11:45:15 PDT

Hey Bunki,
I just used your Art is... for Open House this week. We have Open House just 3
days after school starts. Not much time to get artwork up so we did the Art is....
and Woody's quote about the crayon's all in box and how they have to learn to get
long even though they are different.
The Art is ... was easy to do, but I didn't get quotes have as inetersting as
yours for my 6th and 7th gr. I even read some artist's quotes to get going. Also
told them not to do trite sayings(had to discuss what that meant). Of course they
were some greats, but most so-so. I but them up anyhow. Anything to draw attention
to the Art Dept.! The crayon one turned out very nice. My 8th gr. had giant pre-
cut crayon shapes that they designed into new crayons colors they made-up (
Moonlight Blue , Chocolate Fudge .ect.)
Thanks Woody and Bunki , (and all for you great ideas everday!)
MaryB

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> For anyone doing a visual for Art Advocacy to make an impact, I can't think
> of anything better than to have the kid's WORDS presenting the emotion as
> well as the thought behind the arts and it's importance. For example....
>
> To make an impact around my middle school at a time I felt I needed to, I
> made a ditto with this on it..."Art is.....".

---