RE: DIGI cam THANKS / FD Mavica

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kherbert_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 09:44:06 PDT

Woody,
     Yes you do get fewer pictures per disk at the higher setting. I
usually get 10. That is why I have the wallet of 25 disks in my bag. I
come from a different angle than you. At the museum I did a lot of
desktop publishing, so I leave my camera on the highest setting. I can
always reduce the size of the photograph, but you can't increase the
quality from the original.

I just spent about an hour digitally "cropping" photographs (snapshots
really) of my niece's birthday party. After I cropped what I wanted, I
copied into the collage I was making. There I reduced the size of the
image to fit the space (usually by 50%) I made 4 "collages" of birthday
photographs. When this bank of thunderstorms passes I'm going to run to
run to some errands (I'm staying in the neighborhood so I know which
streets flood Fay was much kinder than Allison to Houston at least) and
drop the collages off at my sister's house as a surprise.

From a soggy Houston.
Sincerely,
Kimberly Herbert