Art in School?!#*?

---------

From: Michelle Leddel (leddel_michelle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 08:53:09 PDT

When we are in battle with our colleagues about art education, think
about--

"I do not want art for a few, any more than education for a few, or
freedom for a few."

William Morris, 1877, The Lesser Arts. (Arts and Crafts Movement)

His work, "Creating the Useful and the Beautiful", is currently on view
at The Huntington Art Gallery in San Marino, California, until September
22, 2002.
A much larger exhibit of his textiles, stained glass, wallpaper, ceramics,
 writings, and wonderful rich-looking books will open in November 2003,
again at The Huntington.

<http://www.huntington.org> is the web site but it seems to be down as I
write this.

---