Silkscreening, Liquid light, or any photo transfer ideas?

---------

From: Kerry L Murphy (klmvisarts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 05:36:16 PDT

I have a student who does black and white photography, on his own because unfortunately we do not yet offer it at my high school (I'll be working on it though). He wants to silkscreen, or use some other method, to put his photographs on t-shirts without losing clarity. Is there a silk screen method that is more crisp and keeps the detail of a photograph? What do you think about liquid light? Would that be a better alternative? A I am writing this I am thinking that if he has a scanner an iron on print might be the most effective way of clearly reproducing the image... But I would like to give him some options. What do you think?
Thanks in advance,
Kerry

---