Perspective drawing in 7th/8th grade

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (mtucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 06:24:14 PDT

I take a long time (6 to 7 classes) in our perspective classes. 7th grade
gets one-point; 8th grade gets two-point. Classes do two guided drawings
with my help, and then they're on their own to do their own subject. Each
year I have about 1/3 of the class who barely gets it and the rest who do,
with varying level of success. . .which I've always attributed to the
varying amounts of work ethic/enthusiasm my students have.

My feeling has always been that this a a tool that almost everybody can
use. Am I being too reliant?
My feeder high school teachers tell me the students are well prepared but
right now I feel pretty rough about results.
Maggie Tucker

mtucker@nashville.com

---