Re: ..getty website down? and "reduced?" what to do?

---------

From: linda eastman (lindacharlie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 04:36:11 PDT

thanks, michele. i had tried to access it from my bookmark which, of course,
used to work. then i tried through google about 10 times and got the same
"no server" thing. then i tried it from a link someone else emailed me and
that worked! go figure.
now that i finally got there, i'm disappointed that the whole website
appears to have been drastically "trimmed down." they used to have a lot of
information about arts advocacy posted and that's all gone. i know the getty
board of directors was moving away from it's support of art education a few
years ago. is anyone up on what's going on with that? i suppose i should be
grateful that they continue to support this wonderful list serve, but where
can i go for arts advocacy information now that i need some for a
presentation?
linda in michigan

on 9/7/02 5:05 AM, Michele Berlin at stardust606@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> Linda,
> Check the url. The one the list server sent me is different than the Getty
> address. Whenever I clicked on the listserver one I got the same message. I am
> sending you the one I have ( and just to make sure I just went to the site and
> it works)
> Michele
> http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/Talk/index.html
>

> linda eastman wrote:
>
>> i've been trying tyo get through to the artsednet home page for a couple of
>> days and i'm getting a message saying that the "server cannot be found."
>> anyone know about this?
>> linda in michigan

---