seeing the 3 ladies-wow!

---------

From: C Pearl (seapearls__at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 22:45:14 PDT

I went to the Vancouver Art Gallery(Vancouver, BC Canada) and saw the current show of  Freda Kahlo. Georgia O'keeffee and Emily Carr.

Wow-Wow Wow. I am almost speechless.

It is so wonderful to get nose to nose with some of  the works I have only seen in books.  The paintings  take on a totally new dimension.  To see the details and colors in person is so amazing.  The incredible amount of soul these three ladies have is so incredible.  I wondered why the gallery combined these three but then after seeing the exhibit I understood why.  They were 3 ladies with deep deep souls.

Shar ARndT
teacher and artist

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.
Pablo Picasso