Re:Ross Art Paste

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 17:11:26 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "artappeal" <artappeal@attbi.com>
> I like Ross Art Paste, also. However, it does not dry as hard as some other
> materials.
> Leah
***************

I'm with you Leah. The only thing I really like about Ross Art Paste is the
price. It's cheap. I seem to be in the minority on this listserv with Ross
Paste because I've find it flimsy when dry. I've tried diff. batches, diff.
measurements, in rain or shine (no...I didn't stand out in the rain but
sometimes things don't set up when it's rainy outside...smile) and it still
doesn't set up very strong. Now if you're using flour/water or the old kind
of liquid starch (Vano) you used to buy, it sets like rock-hard concrete.
The new version of liquid starch (like Sta-Puff or whatever the silly name
is) isn't as strong either. The old Vano Starch used to be my favorite
because you could save it forever in a bottle on the shelf and it never
smelled and when dried it was perfect. I surrrre missed it the first year it
was gone. Some smart cookie at an art store should bottle the old Vano
Starch mixture and sell it as a new paper mache liquid and make a million.
Hi, Judy Nagel (our SAXy lady), are you reading this? Toodles....Bunki

---