senior portfolios

---------

From: Ethel Leissner (ethel01608_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 12:50:47 PDT

 I have a senior who is interested in going to
design school. She needs to get a portfolio together
and I don't know
what to suggest! She is particularly interested in
computer game
animation, but I'd think that her portfolio should be
pretty
comprehensive.

It should spotlight her drawing ability and
creativity. So, include the basics - self-portraits,
figure drawings, a few still lifes, some
perspectives, and a few design projects in a variety
of media. Photograph her mixed media projects and send
a CD and printout of some of her computer art (if she
has some). Before you get too far along, have her
contact the schools she might apply to and see how
they want to view her art. Some look only at slides,
but if she is close to a school, they might prefer to
look at her actual art. Some schools might even look
at her web site.
Ethel