Re: Gotta ask for $$

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 17:57:40 PDT

linda wrote:

> HI all,
> I have to join NAEA, but my principal has requested anyone who is
> going on a trip this year to let her know. About how much would it cost
> me (not including airfare) to attend NAEA this year and stay in the
> convention hotel? ANyone know?

To give you a ballpark figure, the Hilton's conference rate is around
$132 a night. Find out what the federal per diem amount is for meals in
Minneapolis; there's actually a Web site with those figures for cities
all over the world. The registration and add-ons for workshops, tours,
or banquets (which can stretch your per diem) will run you as much as
$200. I sign up for as many workshops as possible.

You'll want to budget some personal funds to buy goodies from the
vendors, go out to eat, meet us for drinks...

Maggie

---