Re: Ok...now I'm really up a creek. My home computer has a virus.

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 06:23:36 PDT

MessageLinda, I empathize with you. My computer got hit this summer by two variations of klez. I had 2 anti-virus programs running and I never opened the attachments. Norton never found either of them, and my AVG found them for 3 days before the "unhooked" both programs. Nothing seemed to fix them. I finally discovered the Panda anti-virus program that erased both viruses. I was so happy since I had given up on my computer and figured I'd just replace it. I downloaded a program that allows me to see my e-mail on the server before I download it to my computer and it disables all attachments. I am now one of the overly cautious. Good luck in getting your computer cleaned.
~Michal

>The other day I posted that my new school laptop picked up a klez virus
>while I was downloading websites (Latin American Craft sites) to my
>favorites. THat was bad enough. NOW last night, while in hotmail, trying
>to upload a powerpoint lesson to forward to school, I was struck with a
>second DIFFERENT virus

---