RE: Help ! Kiln Unusable

---------

From: Patricia Banas (pbanas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 06:09:01 PDT

Speaking of kilns.....

I am trying to convince my district to purchase a raku kiln. They are
seriously considering it... but they are very leery about safety issues with
the gas line and etc. Does anyone have some good advice how to ideally set
one up outside...I was thinking on a concrete slab with some sort of
overhead covering to protect it from the elements. Also... they do not want
to use propane and want to hook it up to a gas line already in place....is
it easy to disconnect the valve when not in use? Also...anyone have
recommendations on a brand or supplier?
Thanks!
Patty B.